Welcome to the first UCD CHiLD ‘Monthly Memo’.
Below we highlight some of the recent achievements of our members. Congratulations to the following CHiLD members on their recent achievements:
- Chris Jepsen from the School of Economics whose paper on the effects of school tracking on mental health is forthcoming in the Journal of Human Capital. Read all about it here: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/10.1086/712728
- Gillian Motyer from the School of Psychology whose systematic review on parents’ information needs, treatment concerns, and psychological well-being when their child is diagnosed with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis has been published in Patient Education and Counselling. Read more here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738399120306479?via%3Dihub
- Aisling Geraghty from the UCD Perinatal Research Centre who has recently been appointed an Honorary Fellow position in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Melbourne. Aisling will collaborate with Prof. Craig Olsson and Dr. Primrose Letcher on the 38-year old multi-generation Australian Temperament Project. https://www.melbournechildrens.com/atp/.
- And finally, to Eilis Hennessey from the School of Psychology, on the following publications:
- Swords, L., Hennessy, E., Heary, C. (2021). Qualitative methods advancing research into the expression and experience of stigma in childhood and adolescence. Stigma and Health. https://doi.org/10.1037/sah0000286
- Lynch, H., McDonagh, C., & Hennessy, E. (2021). Social anxiety and depression stigma among adolescents. Journal of Affective Disorders. 281, 744–750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2020.11.073
- Nearchou, F., O’Driscoll, C., McKeague, L., Heary, C., & Hennessy, E. (2020). Psychometric properties of the Peer Mental Health Stigmatization Scale‐Revised in adolescents and young adults. Early Intervention in Psychiatry. 15(1), 201-205. doi:10.1111/eip.12933
- Moriarty, A., Nearchou, F., Byrne, M., Cullen, W., & Hennessy, E. (2020). General practitioners’ training and their attitudes towards young people who self-harm: A cross-sectional survey. Early Intervention in Psychiatry. doi:10.1111/eip.12936
- Nearchou, F., Flinn, C., Niland, R., Subramaniam, S. S., & Hennessy, E. (2020). Exploring the impact of COVID-19 on mental health outcomes in children and adolescents: a systematic review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(22), 8479. doi:10.3390/ijerph17228479
- Dolphin, L., & Hennessy, E. (2020). Developing Video Vignettes for Use in Youth Mental Health Research: A Case Study. SAGE Publications Ltd. 10.4135/9781529718652
- Heary, C. & Hennessy, E. (2020). Peer support of mental health. In S. Hupp & J. D. Jewell (Eds) Encylopedia of Child and Adolescent Development. Wiley. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119171492.wecad437