The UCD CHiLD – CRN Annual Conference will take place on Thursday 8 December 2022 in University College Dublin (UCD). The conference theme is ”Disrupted Lives: Inequalities and Disadvantages for Children and Youth on the island of Ireland”.
The call for abstracts will close on Monday 24 October at 12pm. Participants will be notified if their abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference programme by Friday 11 November.
- Abstracts should be no more than 200 words.
- Your abstract will be reviewed according to the following selection criteria:
- Title: clear description of presentation and its contents.
- Merit and value that the presentation will bring to the day.
- Conciseness, coherence, clarity and focus of presentation.
- Relevance and appropriateness to the audience.
- Originality, novelty and innovative information/topic or application on the field.
- Deadline for submissions: 12pm 24 OCTOBER 2022
- Please submit your abstract using this form
Abstracts should pertain to issues relevant to the following conference theme:
Globally we are witnessing significant political, environmental, economic and social disruption that impacts the lives of children. War in Europe, the Cost of Living Crisis and the Covid-19 pandemic have further illuminated the pervasive impact of instability and inequality on children’s development, education, health, participation and opportunity. The Children’s Research Network and the UCD CHiLD Research Centre want to explore dimensions of disruption that influence children’s lives to generate research-rich discourse that guides practice and policy as we move toward an uncertain future.